ie. yourbusiness.com | .au | .net | etc.
WHAT IS A DOMAIN?
Your website URL i.e. https://www.yourbusiness.com
WHAT SHOULD MY DOMAIN NAME BE?
Ideally you want your primary domain (website) to match your business’ main trading name and social media handles
• Trading Name - i.e. Your Business
• Primary Domain - i.e. yourbusiness.com
• Social Profiles - i.e instagram.com/yourbusiness (@yourbusiness)
HOW DO I ENSURE OTHERS DON’T BUY SIMILAR DOMAIN NAMES TO MINE?
You can’t. So it’s recommended you secure as many domains as you can afford and point them all to your primary domain. If your registered business name is lengthy, it is recommended you shorten it to your trading name. If you are a standard Australian business you have a number of domain extensions to choose from - if available, we recommend securing:
WHY SHOULD I BUY THROUGH BUSINESS FOLK?
Business Folk doesn’t sell domains but we recommend purchasing from our trusted business partner and domain reseller LMM Designs (LMMD)
• LMMD is a trusted reseller of domains through verified Australian domain provider TPP Wholesale
• LMMD charges $25 per standard domain per year (no hooks) which includes domain privacy.
• LMMD provides ongoing tech support to link/point/verify domain/s at standard hourly rates.
• Endless domain extensions to choose from inc: .au; .com.au; .com; .net; .org; .shop; .me; etc.