Terms & Conditions
Business Folk regards customer privacy as an important part of our relationship with customers. The following Policies apply to all Business Folk users, and conforms to Internet privacy standards.
1. Business Folk ("BF") in partnership with LMM designs ("LMMD") will provide the Client with website design, branding and/or business support services (“Services") as required.
2. The Client will pay non-refundable setup fees ("Fee") in advance. Annual hosting fees are likewise paid in advance, with no pro-rata refunds however there is no lock-in contract and no exit fees.
3. The Client acknowledges that BF / LMMD will store Client's personal information (if obtained) in an encrypted password storer '1Password' ("the Password Manager”) until such a time that the Client requests the removal of personal information from the Password Manager in writing. No responsibility for ongoing changes and/or management of client passwords while held in the Business Folk Password Manager.
4. It is recommended that the Client signs up for their own account with the Password Manager linked here for ongoing management of their own passwords.
5. The Client irrevocably releases BF / LMMD from all claims in respect of the Client's use of the Password Manager and all personal information stored in the Password Manager.
6. The Client acknowledges that LMMD is a reseller of domains through 'TPP Wholesale' ("the Domain Manager").
8. The Client irrevocably indemnifies LMMD against all actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages (including legal costs and expenses) arising out of any breach of the Client’s obligations under this agreement or out of any claim by a third party based on any facts which if substantiated would constitute such a breach.
When you visit the Site, we automatically receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; web browser, IP address, time zone, login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile as required.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Device Information uses the following technologies
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Such cookies include, but are not limited to:
session cookies; and
cookies for online behavioural advertising.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How to access cookie settings in various browsers
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Collection of information
In order to use Business Folk ("BF") / LMM designs ("LMMD") business support services, we may require personal information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including email, identity documents and credit card details, as required. Any information collected is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via telephone, email, mail, or directly through our website, however it is recommended the client shares critical security information (such as credit card details) by phone, or via password protected emails or attachments.
How we use your personal information
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our service and Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of any marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use the Site.
BF / LMMD may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. LMMD does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses. Refer External Service Providers policy below.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Secure Storage of Personal Information
Refer terms and conditions above
The BF site is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides an online platform that allows us to promote and sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications when using online forms. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by going to:
BING – https://choice.microsoft.com
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect the rights of BF / LMMD and any employees.
LMMD uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, phone numbers, accounts information, credit card details and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional Emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the Unsubscribe link.
Links on the LMMD site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of the Site/s, as listed above.
Contact Business Folk
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please make contact by e-mail at email@example.com.